We are solving for the greatest version of ourselves where we get the most out of our life.
“Every new level requires a new version of you.”
Create yourself newly for the New Year!
“Skills, Actions” Version of You.
With nothing more calling to us, we solve from our head and use money as the measure of everything. The focus is to compete by having better skills and actions to accomplish goals. Life is primarily a transactional experience.
In following this “Mechanical” version of yourself, the “who you are” experience of your life can be lost or forgotten. You may no longer be performing and delivering from the greatest version of who you are and what you want to achieve.
Signs of the mechanical version impacting your success:
- Sense of – even painfully aware of – being unfulfilled.
- Feel like you are on a “hamster wheel” or on an assembly line.
- Criticizing and judging that is turned inward towards yourself, and/or outwards towards others.
- Something is calling you and you are struggling to define it and follow it.
- Small things are BIG.
- BIG things are small.
“If you’re just performing to lifeless goals, you’ll be lifeless about achieving them!”
What may have started as new and exciting has now lost its luster. And, maybe, so has your performance towards achieving goals.
The “Skills, Action” Version of you only focuses on 2 of the 3 elements of success, leaving out the important “Beliefs” or the “Who You Are” part of you.
“We achieve from what we believe.”
Beliefs —the most powerful source of success— are what will create your amazing 2018.
New Year. “Beliefs, Skills, Actions” Version of You.
“We were not born to live the pre-determined life we were given. We were born to live the life we create.”
Let’s go on an adventure to create the “Beliefs, Skills, Actions” Version of you.
An adventure to explore your purpose, meaning and mission.
An adventure to discover the source of your greatness from which you can achieve the unimaginable.
An adventure to uncover your New Fulfillment Guidance System to a more fulfilled, self-actualized version of you.
“The greatest adventure of our life…IS our life.”
I call the adventure: Think BIG. Achieve BIG. Think Small. Lose it All.
In our adventure, we have 3 stopping points to help us explore, discover and create. The 3 points spell BLT. You can see the 3 points as “Scenic Views” along the adventure, like stopping places on a map.
Point 1. First point on the map: “B” for “Break Away.”
Recognize the human design. It’s similar for most all of us.
- To the brain, conserving energy equals safety. Things that are familiar and safe. Nothing new or risky. Patterns of thought are created and reinforced. These patterns and pathways conserve energy. And, the use of these patterns makes them deeper, more frequently used, and even more economical. Our mind tricks us into making anything new an effort.
- In a vacuum, the mind always reverts back to the version of self-limiting patterns and internal noise. Time to create something new!
We have a 2 part mind. And the 2 parts are opposing forces.
The 2 Part Mind:
1. The Antagonist mind: Analytical mind. The constant internal critic.
- Driven by conserving energy, optimization, holding to a routine, a pattern, a rut. Focus on competition and “Human Doing.” Skills and Action drive results.
- Performance sourced here is usually meets or exceeds. Rarely is excellence or personal best achieved.
- Our pre-determined life is creating our pre-determined future. Our past is our future.
- Resource focused and develops Survival Concerns, Scarcity, Competition, Force, Fear, Anxiety and Disconnection.
2. The greatest good “Belief” mind. Creative mind. Vision focused.
- Get more life out of life by bringing more Human “Being” into Human “Doing.”
- Less defined by words, more about growth and your Human “Being.” The area where you are unstoppable and most natural. Living outside of your head, being in the “Zone.”
- Leadership. Motivation. Inspiration. Attraction. Feeling of having the reigns of life, controlling your own destiny.
- Performance sourced here are “Beliefs” based and can deliver Excellence, Unique Ability, Personal Best, even Miracles.
- Vision focused and creates “Greatest Good” behaviors, Aliveness, Collaboration, Power, Community and Connection.
So, Break Away. Turn the ordinary and routine off. Step away. Shift away. Let go.
Let’s continue to explore, discover and create…
Point 2. Next point on the map: “L” for “Look Up.”
“Without vision, the past predicts the future.”
Create your Vision. Really have an image in your mind. Sharpen your vision until fear is irrelevant.
“I’d rather have challenging and worth it than easy and cheap.”
Think BIG. Achieve BIG.
“Only in being bold do we really live.”
Don’t seek to be challenged less, or, to challenge less…seek out the challenge that expands your capability and reveals your source. The challenge that Unleashes Your YOU.
Extraordinary results come from knowing who you are and how you powerfully help from who you are. In your Vision, build your source from your Beliefs. Beliefs about your Purpose. Knowing your passion. Your life’s Meaning. Your Mission.
You are now looking to create a greater version of yourself and a higher standard for your life and what you want to achieve. Some say the source is your dream. Some say family. Some say your standards. Some say your word. Just look at what you have absolute conviction about. Something you would believe no matter what the circumstances.
Explore and discover with deeper questions…
- Who am I? What unique value do I offer expressed from who I am?
- What DO I really, genuinely desire?
- What is that greatest version of me that moves me through any circumstances that show up and delivers the unimaginable?
Create a list, using just one word words. “Being” words. No sentences. Example: Courage, Empathy, Alive, Bold and so forth.
- Words that describe you now.
- Words that described you during Peak Experiences (birth of a child, saving someone’s life, launch of a business, hiking to the top of a mountain, for examples) of your life.
- Words that described you as a child.
- Words that describe a hero or someone you admire.
Choose the most powerful words from the list you came up with to design the future you want to create, the person you want to become. Those are the words that speak from the Greatest Good “Belief” system of your mind. These are the words where you are driven/obsessed/unstoppable to do something new, better or different that makes an impact. These words create the outline of your New Fulfillment Guidance System. They bring you unwavering clarity, conviction, commitment and action outside of your comfort zone or mere focus on resources.
Now create your Visual Vision and your Written Vision. 3 to 5 sentences. Shape it. Work with it. Feel it. Be it.
This is what you Look Up to always. You’ve now created a Vision to deliver success sourced by and founded on your “Belief” system. It is way more powerful than just skills and actions to achieve.
Now, BIG is BIG. And, small is small. As it should be.
Point 3. Next point on the map: “T” for “Be at the TOP.”
See yourself at the Top.
This is your mountain. Be at the top of your mountain.
Set goals from your Vision, from your source. See goals as your MAP (Motivated Adventure Plan!) to achieve your Vision. “Vision is the bridge between knowledge and action that take you to a new place.”
Set goals from your “Beliefs, Skills, Action” newly created version of you. Think BIG. Achieve BIG.
Remember, Be X Do = Have. Be your Beliefs, your Vision, your Purpose, Meaning and Mission.
“Only in being bold do we really live.”
Think BIG. Achieve BIG. Think small. Lose it all.
Happy New Year!