Incremental, optimization and “status quo” growth will eventually land you at the back of the pack.
“IBM found that 58% of market-leading CEOs are pursuing disruptive innovation for growth, not purely incremental improvements.”
Consider these questions:
- How risky is your business future at its current level of growth?
- Slow to powerfully capitalize on innovation and other growth initiatives?
- Are turnover and disengagement undermining your leadership results?
- How effective are change initiatives in your organization?
- Do you have a growth culture?
Beat incremental growth and “disrupt” the status quo with LEAP growth goals! Here is a new new perspectives to “See the Unseen” so you can Achieve The LEAP Ahead of the Pack!
New perspective shift #1: Seeing goals differently.
Not all goals are the same. And, not all people see and understand different goal types. Consider goals as 4 different types, or, as 4 different goal strategies:
- Attract – It’s not who you know, it’s who knows you. This is the activity of many Public Relations, Celebrity or Authority building firms.
- Stretch – This is the familiar, look at the past and add X%. These goals are very past-based. Here, the future is the past, plus a little more. This is the most commonly used approach to setting a goal. And is the most incremental type of goal.
- Leverage – Having other people, strategy or technology to help you. Engaging professionals, having others as leaders are examples. Processes, vision and culture can all also be points of leverage.
- LEAP – Bold, all in, driven from the inside to achieve. People achieve from what they believe! Game changing, world changing, audacious. These goals can be entirely future-based with no grounding in the past. The place of freedom and creativity to discover. Here, we must inspire and sustain greatness in people to achieve LEAP goals. This is more focused on the commitment than the “how” since the “how” is not usually known at the start.
High ambiguity and high commitment usually don’t go together.
This introduces another New Perspective Shift #2: Putting unrelated things together. This is another great new perspective shift for seeing LEAP ideas and opportunities. More on this shift to come in another post!
Interviews, consulting with numerous businesses, and personal business growth experiences reveal more than a dozen perspectives for LEAP growth. Download 12 more perspective shifts to “See the Unseen” at http://www.CarlLoop.com content from my book “Achieve The LEAP.”
Carl “Leaping” Loop